Thursday, September 22

more than half way!!!

Time passes really oddly while on a boat.  No one knows what day it is, what month it is, only when the next meal is.  Someone told me yesterday that we made it to the hump part of the cruise, and I didn't know what to think....wait, it's only half way?! yessss, it's already hallfff way!!!! oh shit, did I pack enough supplies for a whole other half of this cruise!?  were the basic thoughts that were swimming around up there....my days are spent filtering, dodging things the res tech throws at me (will explain later), filtering some more, hopefully sneaking out to play some hockey, and then titrating or running the spec - oh and then hot tubbing it at night.  Somehow, even on this cruise, I give the impression that I'm always smiling - so people are expecting that from me and things are getting a little more fun.  There's a lot more joking and fun boat games, and just all around fun.  At this point of the cruise, people will start to go crazy if you don't have fun while working.  Take the res tech for example, his fun is throwing different objects at me to see if my goalie reflects will let me dodge, dip, duck , dive, or dodge from the projectiles or if I'll just try to block them....I've been trying to block everything, which gets a little dangerous when he starts throwing fishing hooks at me...

No comments:

Post a Comment