Wednesday, September 7

avoid and conquer

We are kind of on a schedule now, half of our day will be spent filtering while the other half is spent processing the filters and water samples we've taken for Oxygen. This means I'm either sitting at the fluorometer reading my kindle or at the oxygen titrator reading my kindle. Either way it's a mindless activity., and I'm going to have very little time to go out in the sun - so much for being more tan than everyone else when I got back (I should have known that would never happen...). There are times during the day when things get a little tense in my lab, and the people working around us have been amazing. There are definitely people on this ship that are making this cruise bearable....and did I mention the food is ammaazzziiinngggg - sooooo goood. We had chinese yesterday, mexican today...the food is definitely making me happy. Oh also, forgot to mention that I can't skype this trip because they changed the rules so that only head scientists can get internet on their laptops, sorry mom.
We were supposed to go to Brazilian waters on this cruise, but their government won't let us so we won't be able to take samples at the mouth of the Amazon River - which was one of the main goals of this cruise. Funny how science works.....Instead we are sampling the line as close as we can get and trying to get an understanding of the waters coming from that area. That is all for now, I started taking some pictures but I'm not gonna post them until they seem worth it...so your just gonna have to wait a little longer :P

No comments:

Post a Comment