Friday, September 16

hockey on a boat???? maybbeeee....


This has been a really hard cruise for me, and I haven't been as happy as I usually am on a boat.  There's another hockey player here though and she made herself a hockey stick out of plastic pipe with a metal plate for a blade - once she heard I was a goalie of course.  At first I strapped some pads we used for shipping scientific equipment to my legs and that worked amazingly....but then I realized that if I kept playing with them, they would be of no use for sending the scientific equipment back - I know, so responsible of myself, right?!  So instead I just grabbed some of the crew's extra pair of knee pads and am currently strapping those to my legs, so I can semi-butterfly....yeeaaa    BUT it's good to at least get back into the hockey motions, and it's been taking my mind off of more annoying, depressing, cloud of doom that never seems to disappear - it hides for some amount of time, but it always rears it's face up when I least expect it (now I'm always ready for it)....The science is going well, we are getting some good data, my days are very long....but hockey is good :) oooh, also, I'm making shrinking cups if anyone wants one and the store is gonna be open soon if someone wants a t-shirt...let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment