Saturday, September 10

all quiet on the science front....

So we have steady schedule going, and this cruise is going to be a rough one.  We have a cast at 7:00 every morning, where we have to rush and get the water so we don't miss breakfast.  Then we filter until a little after lunch, which I have to take a break to help my boss deploy the spectroradiometer  (a kinda missile looking thing that gives us characteristics of the water).  After filtering we spend the rest of the day processing the samples from the day before.  I've been spending this time on the oxygen titrator everyday, because for some reason one of my bosses doesn't feel comfortable letting anyone else run "her" samples - and that takes me to dinner.  Every other night we are sampling from an incubation experiment that we are running, which means we get "free time" every other night - at this point we are so tired that our free time turns into an early bed time...speaking of which, I need to get up in 6 hours - time to go!
I'll try to give more details of the other aspects of the ship, and pictures tomorrow during my beloved (and hopefully existent) free time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment